Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Allow myself to indtroduce myself

This will hopefully be the first of many posts here at the Gaijin-ji. I am Leakbrewergator or Henry for short. I have a strong interest in Japanese history and culture. I hope to make this a place to share my thoughts and ideas on everything from famous figures, famous battles, books, movies, other historians, other sites, etc.

I once ran a blog dedicated to my other passion in life: College football. That does seem to be a weird combination doesn't it? College football and Japanese history. I guess you can't really expect more from a Southerner and Florida Gator fanatic!

There will probably be a few themes you will notice here at the Gaijin-ji. Let me lay them out for you now:

1. Erratic posting - I can go for months posting every single day and then turn off the ol' blogging brain for weeks at a time. Truth is, I have a life (believe it or not) outside of blogging, and said life can get in the way sometimes. It's hard to run one of these bad boys all by your lonesome. That being said....

2. Guest posters - In my former life as a college football blogger, I would occasionally invite a friend of mine to run a guest blogging segment. Since more of my buddies are into college football and not Japanese history, that may not be so prevalent here.

3. Interaction - I love to interact with my millions and millions of readers. Shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment at the bottom of one of my posts and I'll be sure to respond to you as soon as possible. I've even been known to converse with the spambots that sometimes populate these pages.

4. Total no-homo man crush love fest on Takeda Shingen - The Tiger of Kai is the man. He never made a mistake and he is the epitome of awesomeness. No one f***s with Shingen and everything will be fine around here. I'm sure he'll pop up in a few of my posts over time.

That's about all I can think of for now. I should have the blog looking like I want it to (proper links, photos, organized sections) in a few weeks. Until then, enjoy the random posts I put out there and just know, THERE IS A PLAN!

Happy reading and please leave comments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leakbrewergator,
    I find your blog very interesting and I'm using it to write a web serial about Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin's rivalry. I'm French so I might make some english mistakes. Would you agree to help me if necessary?
    Thank you, and congrats for your awesome blog!

    Julian J.

    ReplyDelete